Do you wish you had whiter teeth? Perhaps it’s time to stop wishing and make your wish a reality. Teeth whitening is one of the easiest, most affordable ways to improve your smile. It’s normal for teeth to become dull or yellow over time, especially if you’re a coffee or tea drinker, which is why there are so many teeth whitening products available from toothpaste to professional treatment.
How much does teeth whitening cost in Silver Spring, MD? Cosmetic dentistry costs depend on a variety of factors. Here’s a general idea of the cost of various types of teeth whitening treatments.
The Average Cost of Teeth Whitening
Below is the average cost range of various teeth whitening products and treatments:
- Toothpaste: $2-$10. Whitening toothpaste you can buy at the store can range anywhere from a few dollars to somewhere under $10. You may find some that cost more than $10, but toothpaste is not a very effective option regardless of how much you spend. Most whitening toothpastes contain an abrasive ingredient like baking soda to scrub off surface stains. It may slightly whiten your teeth, but you won’t see dramatic results.
- Wands: $10-$15. Whitening wands or sticks contain a whitening gel you apply directly to your teeth. These may be slightly more effective than toothpaste, but not much. The problem with wands is that there is nothing to keep the whitening agent from washing off your teeth from contact with your lips and saliva.
- Strips: $30-$50. Whitening strips are probably the most effective of the over the counter whitening products available. You’ll pay more for these than wands or toothpaste, but the clear plastic strips that fit over your teeth will hold the whitening agent directly on your teeth for a longer period of time, which is key to the effectiveness of the product.
- Home Use Trays: $70-$100. Your dentist may prescribe you a take-home teeth whitening treatment. This usually involves custom made trays that fit over your teeth with a professional-grade whitening agent to apply. This option is highly effective, but takes a few weeks to see the full results.
- Professional In-Office Treatment: $100-$600. The most effective teeth whitening option is professional treatment your dentist can apply in the office. This type of treatment typically involves a whitening gel that is applied to the teeth. A special light is used to activate the whitening agent for noticeable results. In-office treatment offers same day noticeable, natural results in the shortest amount of time.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Teeth Whitening Treatment
There are a number of factors that affect the cost of teeth whitening, as well as cosmetic dentistry in general, such as:
- Where you live. Your geographic location plays a part in the cost of a wide range of services, including teeth whitening. The higher the cost of living in your area, the higher the cost of your treatment may be.
- Brand of treatment. There are many different brands of teeth whitening treatment available, and some cost more than others. Most dental offices choose one brand to offer to their patients, which plays a part in the cost.
- Your dentist’s pricing. The market cost of the brand of teeth whitening treatment is the basis for the overall price of the service, but your dentist will have their own expenses that add to the total cost of in-office teeth whitening.
- The type of treatment you choose. You are the ultimate deciding factor in how much you will pay for whitening treatment. In most cases with whitening treatment, the higher the price the more effective it is.
Artistic Family Dentistry of Silver Spring Provides Effective Teeth Whitening
If you want teeth whitening treatment that will give you dramatic results in just one appointment, visit Artistic Family Dentistry. We provide in-office professional teeth whitening that will brighten your teeth more effectively than any over the counter product. Ask us about teeth whitening at your next cleaning appointment or schedule a consultation to see if you are an ideal candidate.