Dear Artistic Family Dentistry of Silver Spring Patients,
We are ready to get back to work and to see everyone that we have missed so much! We hope this letter finds everyone healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into regular routines. We are all still coming to grips with the COVID-19 pandemic and events triggered by it. We want to update you on our office, its measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
As we go through the process of reopening, we ask for your patience. We were forced to cancel hundreds of appointments, and we know that you have a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible, as do we. We will eventually, but it may take a little longer than it would normally due to the restrictions in the ongoing threat of COVID19 infections. We will have to be very firm in our processes and procedures to keep everyone safe. These guidelines have been reviewed countless times by Dr. Bikoi and our entire team and will continue to be reviewed and modified as needed.
Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
- There will be a limit on appointments per day, roughly half of the regular appointment load. The points outlined below will lend clarity to this decision.
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments. We have a very accurate and comprehensive list of every appointment canceled, including the day and time.
- We will limit emergency appointments to those defined by pain, bleeding or swelling.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Due to maintaining social distancing we will not be able to accommodate late arrivals.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car, and give us a call. You will be “checked in” from your car. Please do not come into the office until you have been asked to do so.
- We prefer that only the patient attends appointments, but one parent will be allowed to enter the practice if desired but will have their temperature taken and be asked to wait in the lobby during the appointment. No siblings or other friends or family will be allowed in the practice to enable us to maintain social distancing.
- Please wear your own mask to the appointment. All people entering the practice must wear a mask.
- Your temperature will be taken by staff using a thermometer swiped across your forehead. If your temp is over 100 degrees F, you will be asked to leave and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- A simple questionnaire assessing your contacts, travel, and well-being will be asked of all patients as well. Any question indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or a patient having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave, and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- Please maintain the 6-foot social distancing guidelines when in the office until seated in the clinic chair.
- Patients will rinse with a 3% hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse at a cup at the clinic chair. Patients will be asked to rinse for 30 seconds and then spit back into the cup where an assistant will suction it in a contained way.
- We ask for understanding while we will try to address all your treatment needs during your visit.
- WE LOVE YOU, OUR PATIENTS! We also love to chat with you at your appointment. Please understand that conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
- We will not be providing our coffee/tea station or waters while in this re-entry to normalcy. No magazines or reading material will be available in the reception area.
- We will take the temperatures of every team member, including Dr. Bikoi, immediately upon arrival at work, and after lunch. Any team member at 100 F or above will go home immediately.
- Every team member will answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer and will do so every day. If any questions disqualify the team member, they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
- You will find upon arrival that our furniture has been rearranged. You will also notice other changes made to ensure the health and well-being of our patients and our team.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. You are the life-force of our practice, and therefore we are taking your safety VERY seriously. We ask for your patience and understanding. Expect that your treatment progress has been delayed, as has your estimated completion time. We wish that were not the case, but it is. Please forgive us as we are focusing on getting each of you back on track while not exposing our team members or patients to unnecessary risks.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office. We love all of you, here is to your health, wellness and smile!
Artistic Family Dentistry of Silver Spring Team and Dr. Bikoi